Sunday, September 4, 2011

Jumping in Headfirst

Good morning!  I'm Rose, and today I'm starting my journey of trying to lose about 100 pounds.  Over the next few weeks and months I'll be telling you more about how I got to be this size, and what I'm doing about it.

I just returned from vacation and I think I have everything I need to get started (vacation is definitely not the time to be started a new way of life).  I have a few months without any travel planned, so this is a great time to start focusing on building good habits with few interruptions.

I'll be posting every day - shine or rain, loss or gain.

I weighed in this morning - 228.2 pounds. It's always shocking when you are confronted with reality, but avoiding the scale isn't going to change it.  Some of that is vacation weight gain, but not more than a few pounds.  It's clearly time to make some lifestyle changes.

I'll be doing strict low-carb eating for the first few weeks to get things started.  Low carb just works best for my body. I'll explain that more later too.

For now - time to jump in head first, like this guy!

1 comment: