Saturday, October 8, 2011

Say Hello To My Little Friend

So I haven't posted in a little while because there has been a BIG change in my life.  Here she is:


This is Amy, my new dog.  I adopted her from a rescue last week and we've been having a grand time.  I've been taking her on really long walks (5-6 miles a day) which is great for both of us.  It's a lot easier to get out there when I have such a charming buddy to exercise with.  I got her a harness to stop her puling, and we've been exploring some great new walking routes.  

I'm pretty sore from all the walking - schlepping around 80+ pounds of extra weight is definitely no easy thing.  But I'm going to keep at it for both of us. It also inspires me to keep working on losing, because I don't want to be so out of shape. I want Amy and I to have years of great outdoor adventures.

I look forward to our walks so much - at work I'm planning out that evening's adventure and she's so excited when I come home.  I've never had a dog before, but I just love her to death. She's a total sweetheart with lots of personality.

In other news, I'm down almost 13 pounds!! I weighed 215.6 this morning.  I was stuck around 222-223 for a few weeks and then all of a sudden, movement!  I've been sticking with low-carb this week and keeping an eye on calories.

So I'm very, very happy right now! This weekend is a long weekend (Columbus day is one of the best things about being a federal employee) and the weather is gorgeous so I'm hoping for lots of Amy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment