Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Farewell, Fat Pants!

After I rocked my dress at work yesterday, today I wore my typical work outfit - loose fitting black pants, a pretty top, and a cardigan.

A friend who knows how hard I've been working pulled me aside and told me it's time to ditch the pants, because they're looking ridiculously big (she said I looked like a hobo).

So...it's time. Time to really ditch them. I'm going to toss a few tops as well that are just too big.

This is really happening. I double checked all my measurements I've been tracking - 7 inches gone from my hips, 8 from my waist, 3 from my chest, two from my arms, and 4 from my thighs. That's actual loss!  I can't believe it sometimes.

I'd really, really like to hit 180 by my birthday, August 29. That will be a year since I started on this journey, a year since that disastrous hike was such a wake up call for me. 180 would put me in "overweight" and not "obese" range on the BMI scale. I don't know that I'll make it - my body gets a vote and it's an ornery bastard. But dammit, I'm going to give it my best. That's 6 weeks. Let's see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment